Thursday 15 September 2011

Berlin

After an packed weekend in Berlin I now have a new found respect for the city and would now list it above London and Milan as one of my favourite city breaks! Firstly we visited the Bauhaus Archives, which was probably the most interesting museums I have been too. We had hoped to go to the original Bauhaus building in Dessau however the reviews weren't too good and it ws too far away for a weekend visit.

Next was a trip in the fastest escalators in Europe at 'Panoramapunkt' to get a glimps of Berlin by air. At Mitte, you can see lots of beautiful buildings especially as this is home to museum island, a group of 5 renowned museums. We visited the Berliner Dom, had a trip along the river and through the markets, where I picked myself up two rather nice photographs for only 15 euros.

Back at Portzdamer Platz we went to the sony centre for food before visiting the bluemax theater to watch the world famous 'Bluemen'.